We are seeking both Graduate & Mid-Level Vehicle Artists to join our highly productive Art team within ZeroLight. The role will focus on supporting model data preparation, file management & structure, as well as the configuration of 3D assets.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of the award-winning ZeroLight team, working at the forefront of 3D technology with our world class technology partners such as Amazon, NVIDIA and Microsoft, developing cutting edge tech projects for some of the biggest automotive brands in the business such as Cadillac, Audi and Lamborghini.
This role is based at our award-winning, state of the art studio LiveWorks, based on Newcastle’s famous Quayside. To read more about the studio and our unique company culture please visit our Life @ ZeroLight blog.
- Experience of 3D software package/s, e.g. 3DStudio Max or Maya to create automotive assets
- Experience with Adobe CC, particularly Photoshop for texture creation
- Creating shaders from material samples and texture scans
- Defining materials for exterior and interior of cars
- Checking the quality and defined product correctness
- Solving complex technical problems
- Creating simple animations
- Building up realtime-capable 3D models based on CAD data, mainly using DELTAGEN (training to be provided)
Preferred Experience (but Not Essential - Training Will Be Given)
- CAD/NURBS preparation
- Able to work independently delivering high quality car models in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- High levels of attention to detail with a quality first attitude, working methodically from a defined process and a set of technical standards.
- Excellent communicator, able to interact effectively across a multi-disciplinary team.
- Positive and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs.
- Strong team player who can support colleagues.
- Results driven with a focus on delivering a quality output at all times.