ZeroLight is seeking an experienced and driven UI/UX Designer to join its multi-disciplinary design team. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about delivering outstanding customer experiences to our automotive clients including VW, Lamborghini and Audi. It’s paramount that we produce the highest level of creative design for these world leading automotive brands and we require innovative and forward thinking individuals to do this.
The successful candidate will be responsible for devising and implementing new designs from conception to delivery, working between commercial, marketing and development teams to ensure that the vision for each project is realised effectively.
This role is based at our award-winning studio LiveWorks on Newcastle’s famous Quayside, however at present we are all working from home as per government guidelines. We’ve got a great home working set up now, with plenty of support from our Talent Development and IT teams to ensure that new starters have everything they need to thrive in their new roles at ZeroLight. We have successfully onboarded over 40 new employees during the pandemic, ensuring that they go through a detailed induction process with key meetings and training over the first month and beyond.
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe CC Suite, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficiency in After Effects and Sketch beneficial.
- A thorough understanding of user centred design processes, in-depth knowledge of UI design patterns and standards across all devices.
- Experience of gathering and evaluating user requirements.
- Experience illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows, user journey etc.
- Experience working with prototyping tools such as Invision and Principle.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams ensuring the user experience delivers on the strategic vision and is achievable within the technical constraints of the project.
- Ability to present and communicate your concepts and design decisions.
- Creative ideas with a strong problem-solving mindset and the ability to challenge conventional ways of thinking and working.