Graduate Graphics Engineer
ZeroLight is seeking a Graduate Graphics Engineer to join its highly skilled Tech Team. The objective of this role is to design and implement software that will bring our virtual renderings closer to real world imagery, developing new graphical features and enhancing our cutting edge real-time Virtual Environment Engine.
We are looking for students who are particularly interested in working within graphics tech and who have studied C#, C++, Python & used Unity whilst at University. All applicants must submit a demo of their work.
To learn more about the work of our Tech Team, please watch this short video.
You can also get a more detailed insight into the projects that the Tech Team work on in their blog:
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of the award-winning ZeroLight team, working at the forefront of 3D technology with our world class technology partners such as Amazon, NVIDIA and Microsoft, delivering projects for some of the biggest automotive brands in the business such as VW & Lucid Motors.
This role is based at our award-winning, state of the art studio LiveWorks, based on Newcastle’s famous Quayside. To read more about the studio and our unique company culture please visit our Life @ ZeroLight blog.
- To develop new graphics features and enhance our cutting edge real-time Virtual Environment rendering engine.
- Design and implement software that will bring virtual renderings closer to real world imagery.
- Create real-time experiences that work across the ZeroLight Omnichannel, from VR to the Cloud.
- Design and implement software that pushes the limits of what’s possible in order to create world leading visualisation products.
- Work closely with artists and programmers to develop advanced techniques for producing cutting edge visual effects.
- Develop technology on state of the art high specification PC hardware.
- Progress career either down a specialist tech or management route.
- Work as part of an award-winning development team across a range of products for our high end automotive partners.
- Must have strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Unity3D.
- Algorithm, code optimisation, and 3D principles experience.
- Strong 3D Maths, C++ and C# knowledge
- Ability to understand and develop on top of a mature codebase
- Multiprocessor and/or multithreaded programming experience would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of real-time surface rendering algorithms including physically based rendering techniques
- Experience using profiling tools for both CPU and GPU beneficial (PIX, Nsight, GPA, VTune, etc.).